Prof. J. L. Heck
Villanova University 1983-present
Medical College of Virginia, 1980-1983
University of South Carolina, 1977-1980
Financial Management Association, 1977-present
Eastern Finance Association, 1977-present
Academy of Financial Services, 1988-present
Financial Education Association, 2001-present
Academy of Business Education, 2000-present
Editor, Journal of Financial Education, 1985-present
Editor, Advances in Financial Education, 2003-present
Editor, Journal of Business Education, 2000-2002
Editor, Journal of Finance Literature, 2005-present
Associate Editor, Financial Services Review, 1995-present
39) Risk and Return Properties of Portfolios Based on Directional Forecasts," Managerial Finance (forthcoming), with K. Wilkens and S. Cochran.
38) "Mean Reversion's Impact on Alternative Investment Strategies," Managerial Finance (forthcoming), with K. Wilkens and S. Cochran.
37) "Prolific Authors in Finance Literature: A Half-Century of Contributions," Journal of Finance Literature, v1(1,Winter), 2005, with P. Cooley.
36) "International Mutual Fund Performance and Political Risk," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Managment, Markets and Policies, v7(2,Jul), 2004, with B. Bailey and K. Wilkens.
35) "Seasonality and Regime Switching in U.S. Markets," Advances in Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, 2004, with S. Cochran and I. Mansur.
34) "Volatility in World Equity Markets," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Management, Markets and Policies, v6(3,Sep), 2003, with S. Cochran and D. Shaffer.
33) "Benefits from Asia-Pacific Mutual Fund Investments with Currency Hedging," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting," forthcoming, with A. DeMaskey and W. Dellva.
32) "Finance Faculty Perceptions of Business Schools’ Preparation for The Technological Revolution," Journal of Financial Education, Summer 2002, with B. Bailey.
31) "Is Student Performance Enhanced by Perceived Teaching Quality?" Journal of Financial Education, Fall/Winter 2002, with J. Todd and D. Finn.
30) "Defining a Security Market Line for Debt Explicitly Considering the Risk of Default," Advances in Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, 2000, with M. Holland and D. Shaffer.
29) "A Flotation-Cost Adjusted Capital Asset Pricing Model," Advances In Financial Planning and Forecasting, 1999, with S. Cochran.
28) "Multiple-Choice Vs. Open-Ended Exam Problems: Evidence of Curriculum Their Impact on Student Performance in Introductory Finance," Financial Practice and Education (forthcoming: 1998), with D. Stout.
27) "Put-Call-Forward Exchange Parity and the Implied Riskfree Rate," Advances in Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management (forthcoming 1998), with A. DeMaskey.
26) "Speed Versus Power Testing: The Impact of Time Constraints on Introductory Finance Student Test Performance," Financial Practice and Education (forthcoming: 1997), with D. Stout.
25) "Establishing Benchmarks for Teaching the Introductory Finance Course," Journal of Financial Education (Fall: 1996), with P. Cooley.
24) "Extraordinary Items Reporting Practices: Successful Versus Unsuccessful Firms," Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting (Vo. 9, 1995), with D. Stout and F. Dellva.
23) "A Simplified Approach to Measuring Bond Duration," Financial Services Review, (Fall: 1995), with T. Zivney and N. Modani.
22) "The Need for Replications and Extensions in Financial Education Research: An Editorial Comment," Journal of Financial Education (Fall, 1995), with D. Stout,
21) "Empirical Findings Regarding Student Exam Performance and Question Sequencing: The Case of the Cumulative Final," Journal of Financial Education (Fall, 1995), with D. Stout.
20) "Contributing Authors and Institutions to the American Economic Review: A Historical Summary," Journal of Economic Education (Spring 1992).
19) "An Analysis of Contributors to Accounting Journals. Part II: The Individual Academic Accounting Journals," International Journal Of Accounting (Summer 1991), with P. Cooley and R. Jensen.
18) "An Analysis of Contributors to Accounting Journals. Part I: The Aggregate Performances," International Journal of Accounting (Spring 1991), with P. Cooley and R. Jensen.
17) "Initial Empirical Evidence of the Relationship Between Finance Test Question Sequencing and Student Performance Scores," Financial Practice and Education (Spring 1991), with D. Stout.
16) "From Intellectual Wave to Nobel Laureate," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, (Spring 1991), with P. Cooley.
15) "Most Frequent Contributors to Finance Literature," Financial Management, (Autumn 1988), with P. Cooley.
14) "Investing Your Conscience," Journal of Commerce and Finance, (Summer 1987), with Y. DeAngelo.
13) "Peer Assessment vs. Citation Analysis of Contributions to the Accounting Literature," Advances in Accounting (August 1987), with J. Huang.
12) "Contributing Authors and Institutions to the Journal of Finance: 1946-1985," The Journal of Finance (December 1986), with P. Cooley and C. Hubbard.
11) "Six Decades of the Accounting Review: A Summary of Author and Institutional Contributors," The Accounting Review (October 1986), with W. Bremser.
10) "Contributions to Accounting Literature: A Peer Assessment of Monographs," Journal of Accounting Education (Fall 1986), with J. Huang.
9) "The Texas Severance Tax Act and Sulphur Production," Oil and Gas Tax Quarterly (September 1986), with M. Licata and J. Emig.
8) "Market Efficiency and Investors' Adjustments to Asset Valuation Errors," Applied Economics (August 1986).
7) "Individual Retirement Accounts are Not for Retirement Only," Benefits Quarterly (January 1986).
6) "Investment Yields and Magic Triangles: A Computer Solution Based on the Newton-Rapheson Convergence Technique," Journal of Financial Education (Fall 1984), with M. Holland.
5) "A Historical Bibliography of Finance Pedagogy," Journal of Financial Education (Fall 1984).
4) "Great Contributions to Finance Literature," Financial Management (Summer 1981), with P. Cooley.
3) "The Crowding-Out Theory Controversy: Its Current Status," Studies in Economic Analysis (Spring 1979).
2) "A Survey of the Introductory Business Finance Course: The Professor's Viewpoint," Journal of Financial Education (Fall 1977), with P. Cooley.
1) "A Pedagogic Note: Comparison of OLS, 2SLS, and 3SLS Estimating Techniques," Studies in Economic Analysis (Spring 1977).
Books and Software
BUSINESS FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, JLH Enterprises, 5th Edition, 2004 with P. Cooley and N. Heck.
FINANCE LITERATURE INDEX, McGraw-Hill Publishing, 6th Edition, 1998.
ACCOUNTING LITERATURE INDEX, McGraw-Hill Publishing, 4th Edition, 1995 with R. Derstine and R. Huefner.
ECONOMIC LITERATURE DATABASE, JLH Enterprises, version 12.0, 2003.